Senior Computer Systems Engineer: Digital Media
NTC seeks a Senior Computer Systems Engineer to develop computer, network, and data storage systems for creating, manipulating, and distributing digital television and motion picture content. NTC’s clients include some of the largest companies in media and entertainment.
This is a client-facing, staff position in our Glendale (Los Angeles) office, with occasional travel to client locations throughout the United States.
- Familiarity with a broad range of digital media technologies, gained over at least 4 to 6 years’ professional work experience, including several (but not necessarily all) of the following:
- Transcoding/Video Compression (Telestream, SelenioFlex, Harmonic, ARRIS)
- Automated File QC (Interra Baton, Venera Pulsar, Tektronix Cerify/Aurora)
- WAN Acceleration (Aspera, Signiant)
- Enterprise Service Bus (Mule, Activiti, JBoss)
- Storage Systems (NAS, SAN, Fibre Channel, FCoE, iSCSI, NetApp, Isilon)
- Virtualization (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Cloud Computing (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- Networking (IP, VLANs, VPNs, Firewalls, Routing Protocols)
- Microsoft Windows Server (Active Directory, Group Policy, SCOM, SCCM, KMS, WSUS)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of computing fundamentals: data representation, computer architecture, operating systems, network protocols, fault tolerance techniques.
- Experience with hardware and software specification, configuration, and capacity/performance planning and measurement.
- Experience with systems engineering processes, including requirements management, testing (and test plan development), and configuration management.
- DevOps programming skills in languages such as Windows PowerShell or Python and familiarity with Windows and POSIX APIs and libraries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio software.
- Ability to develop and maintain good professional relations with clients, vendors, and colleagues, sometimes in challenging situations under deadline pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering.
National TeleConsultants is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only; no recruiters or agencies, please.